One of my favourite foods in the world is a burger, or I should say a good burger. I love experimenting with burgers. I have never been to Japan, but recently I came across a Japanese dish – Rice burger, and I was stunned.
I have tried many types of burger buns – Vegan, gluten-free, black, red and whatnot. However, a rice bun is a unique, delicious and healthier way of enjoying a burger.
A rice burger is a variation of a traditional burger and does not use regular burger buns made with flour. Instead, Keto Meal Delivery sticky rice is cooked, shaped like buns, and is used to hold the patty and vegetables together.
A staple dish in Japan and Korea, the rice burger is now trending in Australia and also worldwide.
Is Rice burger healthy or not?
I would say yes, it is healthier. For people who have gluten-allergy, this burger is a great option. Most importantly, to call something healthy, all of the ingredients used should be healthy. We cannot say it is healthy or unhealthy because it has rice.
The nutrients of rice burgers totally depend on how we make it. You got to use brown rice, the best cheese for a burger, lean meat, fresh vegetables and then it is undoubtedly the healthiest meal.
Today, I am going the share the recipe of rice burger than is now becoming the trending comfort food in Australia.
For rice buns
Brown rice 2 Cups
Olive Oil 3 Tablespoons
Chicken 2 Cups, minced
Onion 1, large, chopped
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Breadcrumbs ½ Cup
Hi-Melt cheese slices 3 slices
Onion ½, cut into rings
Tomatoes 2, large, cut into rings
Lettuce 3 leaves
Mayonnaise 3 Tablespoon
BBQ Sauce 2 Tablespoon
- Boil rice until soft and press a half cup of cooked rice together to make the buns. Repeat until you make 6 buns.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat, and brush with olive oil.
- Fry the buns until lightly browned on both the sides. Be careful while you do this, rice can sometimes stick to the pan if not greased properly.
- Once it is done, set it aside in a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Now, it is time to make some patties, Keto Meal Delivered take a large bowl, add minced chicken, breadcrumbs, salt & pepper and onions. Mix it well.
- Divide the chicken mix into 3 parts and make one patty of each of the part.
- Cook the patty nicely, until it turns golden brown. You can either cook them in a pan with less oil or fry them.
- When the chicken patty is almost cooked, add cheese slices and heat it for 2-3 minutes without flipping.
- Assemble the burger with rice bun, patties with cheese slice, tomato, onions, lettuce, mayonnaise and BBQ sauce.
I believe the key to a good burger is cheese, because it is the heart of the burger and it pumps deliciousness into every other ingredient. I use the best cheese for burgers in Australia, hi-melt cheese from Pure Dairy.
If you also want to level up the burger with the best quality cheese slices, get in touch with Pure Dairy, and they will get back to you with the additional details about a distributor near you.