Browned Butter and Sage Roasted Butternut Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Complete Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
Tender roasted sweet butternut squash in garlic browned butter with loads of fried sage!
- 1 (2-3 pound) butternut squash, peed, seeded and slice into chunk sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to flavor
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons contemporary sage, thinly sliced
- Toss the butternut squash with the oil, salt and pepper just before spreading out in a solitary layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in a preheated 400F/200C oven until eventually tender, about 20-30 minutes, mixing fifty percent way via.
- In the meantime, prepare dinner the butter in a compact saucepan over medium heat right until it starts off to switch a great hazelnut brown prior to taking away it from the warmth and mixing in the garlic and sage.
Choice: Increase 1 compact onion. (You can either slice it and roast it with the butternut or dice it and cook dinner it in the butter.)
Possibility: Add 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey or brown sugar to butter mixture, just after mixing in the garlic and sage, for some more sweetness and flavour.
Possibility: Increase a splash of lemon juice, cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar to the butter mixture after mixing in the garlic and sage.
Choice: Incorporate a pinch of crimson pepper flakes alongside with the garlic and sage.
Choice: Exchange the sage with thyme.
Option: Garnish with 1/4 cup crispy cooked pancetta.
Selection: Garnish with 1/4 cup pepitas.
Solution: Garnish with 1/4 cup dried cranberries.
Selection: Sprinkle grated parmesan or pecorino cheese on when nonetheless warm.