Ballston Quarter is established to hold a totally free food stuff pageant featuring intercontinental delicacies this Saturday (July 30) at its meals court docket.
Ballston Quarter Food Fest is set to be held at the plaza of the shopping mall, adjacent to the Quarter Current market food hall, concerning midday and 4 p.m., according to the event’s webpage.
The celebration is envisioned to feature distinct eating places at the food items courtroom delivering foodstuff from around planet, which include Mexican and Japanese amongst other people. No registration is expected, spokesperson for the celebration Ali Zeliff mentioned.
Attendees will receive passports and stamp card as they get there.
“Participating eating places will provide sample-sized food items to guests as they tour Quarter Market place with their Ballston Quarter passports,” the celebration webpage notes.
Extra than 10 eating places are expected to take part, in accordance to the mall’s Fb post, including the next.
- Rice Crook, an East Asian fusion restaurant, is supplying chicken fried rice
- Ice Cream Jubilee, an Asian American-owned ice product store, is providing flavors these as Thai Iced Tea
- Go Poke, a Hawaiian cafe, is giving tuna and salmon poke bites
- Punch Bowl Social, an American gastropub, is supplying its Knockoff Slider and vegetarian mini quesadillas
- Jinya Ramen, a Japanese cafe, is giving gyoza
- Scorching Lolas, a Nashville incredibly hot rooster cafe with a Chinese kick, is featuring rooster tenders with Szechuan spice
- Bartaco, a Latin street food chain, is supplying tuna poke and salsa verde and chips
In the meantime, the artisan sandwich and cocktail restaurant Superette, Turu’s by Timber Pizza and the brewery Ballston Services Station are also established to be part of the event, but their tasting menus are still to be introduced.
Apart from foods, the D.C.-primarily based DJ CYD is scheduled to play latest strike tracks at the event.
This is the 1st time Ballston Quarter (4238 Wilson Blvd) has arranged an event of this mother nature, Zeliff said. The shopping mall organized this celebration because of the new places to eat and vendors that opened in the past couple months, such as Jinya Ramen, she said.
“We are psyched to invite the Ballston Quarter group into Quarter Sector and give them the chance to try dining places they may possibly not have knowledgeable before,” Zeliff explained.