News Highlights: Food Tech Studio – Bite! Unveils 85 startups from 18 countries around the world to participate in its innovation program
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 4, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Scrum Ventures today announced the list of startups chosen to participate in Food Tech Studio – Bites !, A global program focused on solving the key challenges our food supply chain currently faces, including (but not limited to) safety, waste reduction and health. The studio program has selected 85 startups from eighteen countries around the world. In addition, it announced that Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Kaga City, Kobe City and Niigata City have joined the program as program partners.
Launched in September, Scrum Ventures created the studio program to build a stage agnostic, global community of the best startups with a common vision to bring better and more efficient processes into the food development ecosystem.
85 participants from 18 countries around the world
The studio program received applications from 218 companies from 30 countries around the world. 85 companies from 18 countries around the world were selected. These startups will participate in business development programs with partner companies from January 2021.
Some startups are:
- Finless Foods (USA) An early stage biotechnology company that makes fish meat from stem cells.
- TurtleTree Labs (Singapore) A startup tackling the value gap created by an inadequate and unsustainable animal-based dairy industry.
- IXON (Hong Kong) The maker of advanced aseptic sous-vide packaging that allows proteins to remain stable at room temperature for up to two years.
- MeliBio (USA) A producer of biologically fermented honey in a laboratory without using bees.
- Drop the kitchen (USA) A smart kitchen platform specializing in recipe and kitchen appliance technology to connect the entire cooking process.
- Ukko (USA) Uses immunology, machine learning, and protein engineering to create safer proteins for people with food allergies and sensitivities.
- Fybraworks (USA) A producer of replacement meat, which uses fermentation and protein ingredients to mimic flavor.
- Kiwi bone (USA) Manufacturer of rover robots to provide affordable and technological delivery service for local trade around the world.
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Kaga City, Kobe City and Niigata City have joined as partners
“Food Tech Studio – Bites! “brings food entrepreneurs to the front lines and connects them with leading companies and industry thought leaders – helping them realize top-line growth opportunities in Japan, the US and around the world – while facilitating lasting relationships that enhance the allowing food value chains to flourish and be more sustainable
The studio also announced that Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation will join current strategic partners Hitachi Global Life Solutions, JR East and Orange Page.
In addition, three new local governments, Kaga City, Kobe City and Niigata City, advanced local governments dealing with regional issues, will participate in the studio program as strategic partners. Other existing partners include Fujicco, House Foods, Kagome and Tokyo Gas.
About food Tech Studio – Bite!
Food Tech Studio – Bites! “Is a global open innovation program co-developed with the goal of creating a” new “food industry with partner companies representing the Japanese food industry and startups around the world.
For more info go to:
SOURCE Scrum Ventures
Read more: Check the latest technology news updates and information. Share this news with your friends and family to support us.